Cold weather, a dry climate, and windy days are our skin's worst nightmare. Even after just a few days of cold weather, our skin turns dry and dull... ugh. We really miss our summer glow, but we don't want to turn to tanning bed to get it back! So here are some great tips on how to keep your skin glowy when it's snowy.
1. Foam and gel cleansers can dry out your skin, so come winter, switch to a cream based cleanser. Also, make sure to use a rich moisturizing day cream that works with your skin tone, apply it right after you wash your face to keep the moisture in.
2. If you suffer from dry skin, stay away from powdered make up, it will just dry out your skin even more and make it look worse. Instead, go for a pigmented day cream or foundation, which will give you a really creamy complexion!
3. Indoor air can be just as drying as outdoor air, so make sure it isn't too dry inside. If the air inside is too dry you can get an air humidifier to help balance it out. And make sure to not over do it with the heater! Also, you can use a facial mist with moisturizing effects, just spray it every few hours, even over your makeup!
4. Always look for alcohol-free products, products that contain alcohol tend to dry them out!
5. Drink at least 8 cups of water a day, which will help your skin to retain it's moisture!
6. And make sure to give your hands and feet extra attention, products with shea butter, mineral oil, or tea tree oil are super moisturizing for your skin!